Viewing Issue Advanced Details
|ID||Category [?]||Severity [?]||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|07049||Media Support||Major||Always||25 days ago||23 days ago|
|Tester||ArcadeShadow||View Status||Public||Platform||MAME (Official Binary)|
|Assigned To||Resolution||Open||OS||Windows Vista/7/8 (64-bit)|
|Version||0.199||Fixed in Version||Build||64-bit|
|Summary||07049: ct486: Floppy Disk - "Read Only" access mode|
When I chose the "Read Only" access mode on the floppy disk drive, MAME allow the data saving in the disk.
If the floppy image file is zipped, the data saving is allowed during the emulation time, but after quitting the emulation, the file stays the same.
If the floppy image file isn't zipped, the data saving is allowed during the emulation time and after quitting the emulation, the floppy image file is changed.
|Steps To Reproduce|
|Additional Information||This behavior also happens in others sets.|
|Affected Sets / Systems||ct486|
|There are no relationsihp linked to this issue.|
23 days ago
edited on: 23 days ago
I was able to confirm using machine "coco3"
1. I created a new image via File Manager (file.dsk)
2. Formatted the disk
DSKINI 03. Made a simple basic program:
10 CLS4. Saved the program:
SAVE "SAMPLE.BAS"5. Verified it took by typing: DIR
6. Exited MAME and restarted, using File Manager to mount the file.dsk I made, choosing READ ONLY
7. Selected RESET, to reset the emulated machine
8. Verified, again, the flop.dsk was being seen by typing: DIR
9. Killed the program on disk:
KILL "SAMPLE.bas"10. Checked to see the program was gone, typing: DIR
11. Exited MAME
12. Restarted MAME, using File Manager to mount the file again.
13. I checked for the file - it had disappeared (when I used KILL) and the READ ONLY flag was not respected, so the disk showed empty