Viewing Issue Advanced Details Jump to Notes ] vsnes.cpp
ID Category [?] Severity [?] Reproducibility Date Submitted Last Update
00363 Gameplay Major Have not tried Jan 28, 2008, 10:21 Dec 15, 2015, 00:36
Tester YMI View Status Public Platform
Assigned To Haze Resolution Fixed OS
Status [?] Resolved   Driver vsnes.cpp
Version 0.70u5 Fixed in Version 0.169 Build
Summary 00363: balonfgt: When you try to play balonfgt using both screens, the 2 screens get out of sync almost immediately.
Description When you try to play balonfgt using both screens, the 2 screens get out of sync almost immediately. Maybe they didn't care about sync because the screens aren't synced anymore after a game with only 1 screen.
Steps To Reproduce
Additional Information
Flags
Regression Version
Affected Sets / Systems balonfgt
Attached Files
 


-  Notes
User avatar
No.04138
TheShanMan
(Tester)
Apr 4, 2009, 21:15
Any chance of getting this fixed? This is a fun game, and it would be nice to be able to do a 2 player game. I tried starting a 2 player game and I didn't notice a sync problem with the video particularly (it was only a test, not a full game), but the audio didn't seem perfectly sync'ed, which made the audio sound irritating. I wonder if the problem is not as bad as this report makes it sound, or if the problem has gotten better due to changes between v70u5 and now.
User avatar
No.04139
Fujix
(Administrator)
Apr 5, 2009, 04:55
edited on: Apr 5, 2009, 04:58
You start a 2-player game using both screen, you'll notice the game gets out of sync before playing for a minute.

This is old information more than four years ago I received.
According to the information provider, this is caused by wrong CPU emulation time slice. It has to switch CPU every half scan line clock (approx 113.6 / 2) to synchronize properly. But in MAME switches it every 112 clocks or 113 clocks.

I have a sample program to prove that the theory works correctly, but I can't make it public for some reason.

User avatar
No.12253
Haze
(Senior Tester)
Dec 15, 2015, 00:36
setting to perfect interleave seems to fix