Viewing Issue Advanced Details
|ID||Category [?]||Severity [?]||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|07026||Gameplay||Major||Always||Jun 19, 2018, 13:34||29 days ago|
|Tester||wuemura||View Status||Public||Platform||MAME (Official Binary)|
|Assigned To||Resolution||Open||OS||Windows 10 (64-bit)|
|Version||0.198||Fixed in Version||Build||64-bit|
|Summary||07026: vr: vr gameplay calculations and physics issues|
For some reason the computer is doing a lot of mistakes during attract mode and gameplay in comparison with MAME 0.196:
- In the first minutes of attract mode, the car get out the racing track at the first corner (verified with original)
- During attract mode, It has trouble to pass other cars (verified with original)
- Traffic cars at the wrong position on the racing track (verified with original)
- Near the end of the attract mode, the arcade show that the main racing car pass the second check point of the track, the emulation it doesn't even get close (MAME 0.198). MAME 0.196 near the second check point two white racing cars get in the way.
- During gameplay at the "Big Forest" track, near the corners if there are two or more computer cars, they always crash at it.
- The racing track got very unstable, it shakes too much in 0.198, 0.196 is much more stable.
|Steps To Reproduce||Watch attract mode or play the game at the Big Forest track.|
|Flags||Verified with Original|
|Affected Sets / Systems||vr|
vr-side-side-01.png (428,378 bytes) Jun 19, 2018, 13:34 Uploaded by wuemura
Jun 19, 2018, 13:52
edited on: Jun 19, 2018, 15:05
Arcade and MAME 0.198
Traffic cars always crash at the the corner and get in the player way, notice the crash and tire screeching sound.
The traffic cars don't crash at the corner in MAME 0.196
31 days ago
|I think you've covered this pretty well. Given it locks up at trying to display polygons for me, something is definitely wrong.|
30 days ago
fwiw I've had Virtua Fighter 2 fail to display polygons once or twice too when just left in attract after startup, so might be something uninitialized in the TGP core as that is a random behavior and probably not related to this bug.
the car movement issues are clear to see from the moment the player car incorrectly cuts across the grass at the 10 second mark in the video anyway.
maybe it would possible to add some logging code to intercept TGP commands and show their results, to find out which ones are giving significantly different values with the new core vs old core? I imagine OG had a plan for it anyway tho.
29 days ago
|The no polygons turned out to be outdated TGP ROMs, so my error there, sorry.|
29 days ago
edited on: 29 days ago
You can LIKE a note now! (testing yet)
It shows only the number of likes, does't reveal who liked it. It is not displayed even for admins.