Viewing Issue Advanced Details
|ID||Category [?]||Severity [?]||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|04765||Sound||Minor||Always||Apr 19, 2012, 00:48||8 days ago|
|Version||0.145u6||Fixed in Version||Build||64-bit|
|Summary||04765: xmen and clones: Echo effect missing from voice samples (and probably samples used in the music as well)|
Using this PCB recording as reference:
These are the sounds that have an echo applied to them but is not emulated in MAME:
1) Player character death scream during gameplay
2) Professor X's voice. Seriously, his voice always echoes no matter where he is. Very noticeable in cut scenes.
3) The boss intro monologues. This is especially observable in the final boss fight with Magneto since the players couldn't interrupt his speech when he says "I am Magneto, master of magnet." as well as his laughter during the battle.
4) Announcement of character name after selecting a character.
5) The announcement of "X-Men" at the title screen.
The missing echo effect is played back by MAME as a glitchy crackle noise.
|Steps To Reproduce||
1) Run game
2) Go into service mode and listen to the voice samples in the sound test. There is a crackle where there is suppose to be an echo at the end of the voice sample playback.
3) Play the game and the crackle is still evident, but harder to notice amidst all the sounds playing back simultaneously.
|Affected Sets / Systems||xmen and clones|
Apr 19, 2012, 14:55
|Samples = K054539 output.|
Apr 28, 2012, 00:50
Related to bug ID 03656
Both G.I. Joe and this game are using the same K054539 audio emulation and both exhibit the same crackle in lieu of the echo effect.