Viewing Issue Advanced Details
|ID||Category [?]||Severity [?]||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|07049||Media Support||Major||Always||Jul 20, 2018, 07:15||Dec 12, 2018, 19:42|
|Tester||ArcadeShadow||View Status||Public||Platform||MAME (Official Binary)|
|Assigned To||AJR||Resolution||Fixed||OS||Windows Vista/7/8 (64-bit)|
|Version||0.199||Fixed in Version||0.205||Build||64-bit|
|Fixed in Git Commit||Github Pull Request #|
|Summary||07049: ct486: Floppy Disk - "Read Only" access mode|
When I chose the "Read Only" access mode on the floppy disk drive, MAME allow the data saving in the disk.
If the floppy image file is zipped, the data saving is allowed during the emulation time, but after quitting the emulation, the file stays the same.
If the floppy image file isn't zipped, the data saving is allowed during the emulation time and after quitting the emulation, the floppy image file is changed.
|Steps To Reproduce|
|Additional Information||This behavior also happens in others sets.|
|Affected Sets / Systems||ct486|
|There are no relationship linked to this issue.|
Jul 22, 2018, 01:15
edited on: Jul 22, 2018, 01:16
I was able to confirm using machine "coco3"
1. I created a new image via File Manager (file.dsk)
2. Formatted the disk
DSKINI 03. Made a simple basic program:
10 CLS4. Saved the program:
SAVE "SAMPLE.BAS"5. Verified it took by typing: DIR
6. Exited MAME and restarted, using File Manager to mount the file.dsk I made, choosing READ ONLY
7. Selected RESET, to reset the emulated machine
8. Verified, again, the flop.dsk was being seen by typing: DIR
9. Killed the program on disk:
KILL "SAMPLE.bas"10. Checked to see the program was gone, typing: DIR
11. Exited MAME
12. Restarted MAME, using File Manager to mount the file again.
13. I checked for the file - it had disappeared (when I used KILL) and the READ ONLY flag was not respected, so the disk showed empty
Nov 19, 2018, 23:08
|Looks like device_image_interface::determine_open_plan() should be made aware of UI choice menu_select_rw::result::READONLY -- at the moment it will only open the floppy image in readonly mode it's write-protected or in a ZIP file.|
Dec 12, 2018, 01:34
|Now that 47d83c1af256d54589d8c3554fe71f42c5174409 is in, is that enough to fix this?|
Dec 12, 2018, 19:42
|Appears resolved after mentioned commit for upcoming MAME 0.205 using my example.|