Viewing Issue Advanced Details
|ID||Category [?]||Severity [?]||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|07362||Crash/Freeze||Critical (emulator)||Always||Jun 15, 2019, 21:55||Jul 7, 2019, 01:18|
|Tester||AJR||View Status||Public||Platform||MAME (Self-compiled)|
|Assigned To||Ryan Holtz||Resolution||Fixed||OS||MacOS X|
|Version||0.210||Fixed in Version||0.212||Build||Debug|
|Summary||07362: jak_spdm, jak_pooh, others: [debug] DRC assertion failure|
On debug builds, many sets in this driver crash out with the following error message shortly after startup:
Assertion failed: (m_top - m_codegen < CODEGEN_MAX_BYTES), function end_codegen, file ../../../../../src/devices/cpu/drccache.cpp, line 218.
|Steps To Reproduce||Start any of the affected sets with DRC enabled. (-nodrc makes the problem go away for obvious reasons.)|
Exactly when this assertion failure occurs varies from set to set. It usually occurs around where attract mode begins.
- jak_spdm: Assert occurs after the main menu is drawn.
- jak_pooh: Assert occurs after the last of the splash screens.
- jak_sith: Assert occurs immediately.
- rad_skat: Seemingly unaffected.
- jak_disf: Assert occurs on first splash screen.
- jak_disp: Assert occurs when starting some games (e.g. Balloon Bounce, Bubble Machine).
- jak_batm: Assert occurs almost immediately. First splash screen fails to appear.
|Flags||Debug build specific|
|Affected Sets / Systems||jak_spdm, jak_pooh, others|
|There are no relationship linked to this issue.|
Jul 7, 2019, 01:18
|All provided test cases have been resolved (6cbac0ee..).|