Viewing Issue Advanced Details
|ID||Category [?]||Severity [?]||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|07979||Media Support||Major||Always||May 19, 2021, 16:16||May 25, 2021, 14:21|
|Tester||r09||View Status||Public||Platform||MAME (Official Binary)|
|Assigned To||galibert||Resolution||Fixed||OS||Windows 10 (64-bit)|
|Version||0.231||Fixed in Version||0.232||Build||64-bit|
|Fixed in Git Commit||602852e||Github Pull Request #|
|Summary||07979: Mac systems with HD floppy drives: Floppy drives don't accept HD disks anymore after ejecting them once|
Macintosh systems with high-density floppy drives can't recognize any HD disks again (until MAME is restarted) after ejecting them once. The exact behavior seems to vary with the OS version, for example MacOS 6.0.8 gives you a "the disk is unreadable" message, while 7.0 seems to keep trying to read the disk indefinitely.
I have tried this with several machines (maciix, maciicx, macsefd) and all of them behave the same way. Also, this only happens with HD disks. 400/800 KB disks are always fine, even after ejecting an HD disk.
I don't think this is a regression, I've gone back to 0.230 where HD floppy support was first added, and it also happens there.
|Steps To Reproduce||
- Boot any Mac machine with high density drives from hard disk. For these steps I'm going to use the 6.0.8 HDD image in the software list (mame maciix -hard1 mac608)
- After the OS boots, mount any 1.44 MB HD floppy in any drive. It will be recognized by the OS.
- Eject the disk by dragging its icon to the trash.
- Mount any HD floppy image. It can be the same disk or a different one, and it can be mounted in any drive.
- The OS will fail to recognize the disk and "The disk is unreadable, do you want to initialize it" message will appear (screenshot attached)
|Affected Sets / Systems||Mac systems with HD floppy drives|
maciix_error.png (9,307 bytes) May 19, 2021, 16:16 Uploaded by r09
|There are no relationship linked to this issue.|
May 24, 2021, 17:44
|Probably fixed in 602852e530de37c524bcf33438cbc596c5837567|
May 25, 2021, 08:08
|It's now working with current top-of-tree. Thanks for fixing it!|