Viewing Issue Advanced Details
|ID||Category [?]||Severity [?]||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|08095||DIP/Input||Minor||Always||22 days ago||20 days ago|
|Tester||Wulfaz||View Status||Public||Platform||MAME (Official Binary)|
|Assigned To||Wulfaz||Resolution||Fixed||OS||Windows 10 (64-bit)|
|Version||0.236||Fixed in Version||0.237GIT||Build||64-bit|
|Fixed in Git Commit||d9f1bb5||Github Pull Request #|
|Summary||08095: gunchamp: "Unknown" dip switch role found|
|Description||In the Gun Champ arcade game by Model Racing, I have figured out what the "Unknown" dip switch does. It decides whether you write your name (set it to OFF) after a high score or not (set it to ON).|
|Steps To Reproduce||
1. Beat the high score (extremely difficult in my opinion. I couldn't beat it) and see the difference with the switch on or off.
OTHERWISE, "HACK" THE GAME TO BEAT THE HIGH SCORE:
1. Open Mame Debug mode.
2. Click the Debug bar and New Memory window
3. Monitor the section "memory/:maincpu/0/:main_ram" (it is between global and stream sections)
4. Run and play. During play, on the first line, change the 6th bit starting from the right to 8 or 9 to get higher score than the original hi-score. Shoot something during gameplay for the score to record just in case.
5. Do Steps 1-4 with the unknown dip switch on or off.
|Affected Sets / Systems||gunchamp|
|There are no relationship linked to this issue.|
|There are no notes attached to this issue.|