Viewing Issue Advanced Details
|ID||Category [?]||Severity [?]||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|08665||Misc.||Minor||Always||Jun 16, 2023, 18:30||Jun 25, 2023, 05:11|
|Tester||Balthier||View Status||Public||Platform||MAME (Official Binary)|
|Assigned To||hap||Resolution||Fixed||OS||Windows 10/11 (64-bit)|
|Version||0.255||Fixed in Version||0.256||Build||64-bit|
|Fixed in Git Commit||59e0d82||Github Pull Request #|
|Summary||08665: All sets in tx1.cpp: Coin counters increase at each boot up even though credits are not being added, coin inputs not working correctly|
|Description||When running a game, the coin counters numbers in the machine's cfg file will increase by 1 on each start up even though credits are not being added by the user. The 7 key for Coin 3 also does nothing when pressed.|
|Steps To Reproduce||
1. run any of the affected games (buggyboy or tx1).
2. let the game run for a little bit, just don't add any credits.
3. exit the game, go to your cfg directory and examine the game's cfg file. The coin counter numbers should be at 1 now.
4. run the same game and repeat step 2.
5. repeat step 3, and the counters will now be at 2.
After all that try playing with the 5, 6, and 7 keys in-game and see what happens with the counters in the cfg file.
Example tx1.cfg after one run, no credits added:
<?xml version="1.0"?> <!-- This file is autogenerated; comments and unknown tags will be stripped --> <mameconfig version="10"> <system name="tx1"> <counters> <coins index="0" number="1" /> <coins index="1" number="1" /> </counters> <ui_warnings launched="1686935914" warned="1686935913"> <feature device="tx1" type="sound" status="imperfect" /> </ui_warnings> </system> </mameconfig>
In the buggyboy sets, 5 and 6 keys increment the correct coin counters, however the 7 key only adds credits to the game and not the machine (supposedly this is the Service Coin according to hap)
The tx1 sets are a bit different here:
- They seem to count just the first credit inserted from 5 sometimes. Pressing 5 again after the race begins sometimes works and sometimes not even after waiting a few seconds (have to wait quite a bit before it works, and crank up the sound to hear the jingle).
- Pressing 6 key makes a jingle, even starts the game, but the coin counters are completely unaffected by it.
- Pressing 7 doesn't do anything at all and no jingle here either.
- The dip switches show a left and right coin mechanism in the UI, something that buggyboy does not have (it has Coin B and Coin A in that order instead).
|Affected Sets / Systems||All sets in tx1.cpp|
|There are no relationship linked to this issue.|
Jun 17, 2023, 11:22
Coincounters incrementing at boot is fixed here: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/59e0d8293c7d912ab0a9155f30e782113cdab3c7
Buggy Boy coin 3 is a service coin, so it's normal it doesn't increment the coincounter.
I don't know why tx1 coin counter 2 doesn't work.
Jun 17, 2023, 15:00
|Ok, tx1 coin counter #2 should be good now|
Jun 17, 2023, 15:58
Nice thanks. I edited the report slightly. For some reason I wrote that buggyboy sets Coin 3 wasn't working but that wasn't correct, it was tx1 which has the problem. I was tracking too many things at once on this one and must've pasted that in the wrong place..
If Coin 3 is a service coin then why isn't it assigned to the 9 key and labeled "Service" or "Service 1" like almost every other game with a service coin in mame? It's confusing like this, lumping it in with what are the actual coin input keys.
Jun 17, 2023, 16:50
edited on: Jun 17, 2023, 17:00
|Right, that IPT_COIN3 thing was a small error and I already changed it to IPT_SERVICE1.|
Jun 17, 2023, 19:06
|So button 7 is now Service 1 and works as such (adds credits to game but not "real" coins to counter) on both games now, and 6 works in tx1 like it did in buggyboy. If that's all correct then I guess this can be closed. And thank you again hap =D|