Viewing Issue Advanced Details
|ID||Category [?]||Severity [?]||Reproducibility||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|08727||DIP/Input||Minor||Always||Jul 16, 2023, 04:31||Jul 20, 2023, 13:12|
|Tester||Balthier||View Status||Public||Platform||MAME (Official Binary)|
|Assigned To||Resolution||Open||OS||Windows 10/11 (64-bit)|
|Version||0.256||Fixed in Version||Build||64-bit|
|Fixed in Git Commit||Github Pull Request #|
|Summary||08727: rbisland, rbislando, rbislande: P2 Left input doesn't work, Tilt hangs the games at black screen until a reset is done|
|Description||The left input for player 2 doesn't work at all in service or game modes, and the Tilt input causes the games to hang at a black screen after displaying the TILT message, but maybe that part is normal for these games?|
|Steps To Reproduce||
1. Run any of the affected games.
2. TAB to DIP Switches, then change Cabinet to Cocktail and turn Service Mode on. (cocktail is required here otherwise both players use same set of controls!)
3. Press F3 then 9 at the color bars. Press D and the 2P LH L switch still shows OFF instead of ON. Test the other inputs here if needed.
4. Press F2 then F3 and start a 2 player game.
5. Let player 1 lose a life, then test the left control input (D) when it is player 2's turn (you may want to pause and rotate the screen since it will flip at this point).
6. Finally press T to tilt the machine. It hangs at a black screen after the message is displayed.
|Affected Sets / Systems||rbisland, rbislando, rbislande|
Jul 16, 2023, 08:00
edited on: Jul 16, 2023, 08:01
"0x08 and 0x80 are swapped due to read through ADC" was added when a handcrafted mcu rom was added, I assume that doesn't apply anymore with the real mcu rom.
Fixed here: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/519cd8b99af8264e4117e3061b0e2391902cfc02
Tilt: maybe it's normal, maybe it's supposed to reset (watchdog not emulated)
Jul 20, 2023, 13:12
P2 Left input works.
Tilt hangs because it's waiting for 1 or 5 from asic_r, but it only ever returns 2.